Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sweet Baby James; a personal post

It's not often I can convince my kids to let me take their picture, and James is getting to that age where he refuses to sit still. But I was dying to try out my new softbox! I have the most wonderful friends and family, and was absolutely spoiled for my birthday - a new 5 foot softbox! Beautiful newborn nest and blanket! More photography gear, beautiful jewelry, gift cards for the mall, and so much more. I cannot express my gratitude enough for their kindness and generosity. Thank you all so much!

Anyways, this softbox has been calling my name and I finally put it together and attempted photos of baby James. No, he's definitely not a baby anymore, but he's MY baby. And although these images are not perfect (I'm still learning studio lighting! and James did not cooperate), I LOVE them.

I love his little body, his chubby fingers and toes. I love the dirty looks he can give that make me crack up. For 19 months old he's very polite, saying please and thank you more than his older siblings do. I love that he runs at a sprint to give a hug and kiss. I love my time snuggling him at night when the older kids are in bed. I love his silliness and his tender heart. I love this little boy. He's stolen my heart.




2 comments:

Maren said...

These are all so cute! And yes, he's looking so grown up!

Ashley Cichy said...

These are so precious!